24.3.23

Smoke




Smoke (The Ardelean Bloodlines)
By Sarah Jaeger
Genre:-Shifter Romance/Paranormal Romance
Blurb:-Thalia
Apparently ignoring my parents' politics wasn't the right move. Shifters were outed to the public, and months later, I'm still unsure what the big deal is about.
Now my life is on danger and the only one who can protect me is the true king of the wolves.
 Cade is nothing like what my mam and the press show shifters to be. He's thoughtful, reserved... and have you seen his butt in those jeans?
  Cade
Having abdicated the throne, I've vowed to stay out of shifter politics.
 Now my sole responsibility, for the next six weeks, is to make sure no idiots can completely derail the deal I've cut with the one woman holding all the cards.
 The problem is... the threats against Thalia Clark are nothing compared to the danger of my wolf, now that he's claimed this human as his.
 I'll kill to protect my mate, but is keeping up my end of the deal enough to save her?
 Smoke is the first book in the Ardelean Bloodline series. While this story does contain an HEA for Cade and Thalia, there is an ongoing plot connecting each book in the series. Each book will need to be read in order. There are open door, explicit scenes as well as colorful language not intended for young readers.
My Review:-When I seen the cover of this book it  looked mysterious and dark to me. I wouldn't normally read anything about politics but I thought I would have a read anyway and I'm glad I did, don't let the politic put you off.
Thalia father is a diplomat, a politician and doesn't like wolves, but Thalia doesn't like anything to do with politics and tries to start away from it. Her father is worried about her safety and decides to hire security, and that's were we meet alpha wolf Cade. What will her father say when he finds out? 
 Cade has abdicated the throne, but when he meets Thalia all that changes. His wolf side comes out and he wants Thalia for his mate and starts thinking of pups. 
Thalia and Cade are the total opposite, she wants out from her parents and Cade is protective around his kind and family. The tension between the two of them is strong and there is s many emotions going on. Cade and Thalia come from two different worlds as well as two different backgrounds. Can wolves and humans become one? 
The author has put a lot of thought into the character, The storyline is well wrote and pulls you in. If you like shifter romance this book is for you. I'm looking forward to read Book 2 in the Ardelean Bloodline

No comments: