29.6.16

Something New

Hi, Well I've decided to try something different, something I've never done before but something I love and always wanted to try but always put it off.  Reborn Babies, I've got 3 reborn babies, twin boy and girl (Skie and Arron) and a little girl (Andi). We got the twins almost 12 years ago.  We lost twins and it was the worse day of my life. After seeing some reborn babies online that someone had made I thought I would look into it, I found people had Reborns for many reasons and one of those reasons was after losing a baby. It wasn't until about 1 year later and I saw a baby someone had made and new that was how my baby girl would look like. After contacting the lady and many emails, texts and phone calls she said she would be happy to make the twins for us.  Once she had finished and she sent them to us the day came when we had the box in front of us to open. We can't believe just how perfect the babies were, we were really pleased with how she had made the babies. So that's how I got the twins.
  Then 3 years ago Andrew my husband seen a baby that he thought was just right for our daughter Megan, as she had asked for a special baby (her words for a reborn) since she was very young. I didn't know anything about it and in the meantime Andrew past away suddenly and everything was upside down. Then out of the blue 6 weeks later I got a email from a lovely lady to say that the baby was finished and would I like to collect it or did we want it posted. I emailed back explaining that my husband had past away suddenly and I knew nothing about this reborn baby. She emailed back saying she was really sorry and the baby had been paid for but if I didn't want it she understand and it wouldn't be a problem. I didn't need to think about it, I knew this was something extra special for Megan from her Daddy. Megan was over the moon about the baby and said her baby was extra special and she was calling her Angel as her Daddy was a Angel in heaven and it was from him.
  After a few months Makenzy asked for something extra special from his Daddy and he knew what he wanted, he had seen a reborn baby boy and asked if he could have that. Once he got his baby he decided to call it Andrew after his Daddy. From the day he got Andrew he has never slept or been away anyway without him, he talks to him about his Daddy and I do think it has helped both my youngest children to cope just that little bit better.  
  I got my last reborn baby Andi about 2 years ago now. When I saw her I fell in love with her.
Here are our reborn babies

 Baby Arron (twin)
 Baby Skie (twin)
 Baby Andi
 Baby Andrew (Makenzy's little boy)
Baby Angel (Megan's baby girl)

So now I have bought myself a full kit, which has everything in to make a reborn baby. I haven't decided if it will be a boy or a girl yet. I have watched a few videos showing how to paint and reborn a baby, but not yet started mine (I've only had it a few days).  I will let you know how I get on and will post pictures as I go.

No comments: