8.6.23

Multiple Exposures



Multiple Exposures
By Graeme Hutton
Publisher:-Weareprovoco
Blurb:-What you will find inside are 100 photographs with accompanying text which, taken together, open a discussion on the positive value of creativity for our mental and physical wellbeing.
 As a wheelchair user with Multiple Sclerosis, I use photography to understand the whole of my physical self in relation to various contexts. I am now completely reliant on the chair, such that it is an extension of me, and I try to capture this, and other subjects, in inventive, even beautiful ways. My sense of being at one with my disability is enabled through my creative practice where a necessarily different viewpoint can be turned to an advantage. It is something over which I have complete control now, in a future that is less certain.
 The camera (a Leica Q) has also proven a great icebreaker with strangers initiating a conversation, where evident disability can often prove a barrier.  It gives people a starting point, which in a way is how I hope you might use this book.
 Graeme Hutton Foreword by Alan Cumming
Instagram:-@weareprovoco @hyggebooktours @graemehutton196 @paulalearmouth #hyggebooktours #multiplesclerosis #mentalhealth #photography
Twitter:-@weareprovoco @hyggebooktours @graemehutton196 @mamof9 #hyggebooktours #multiplesclerosis #mentalhealth #photography

No comments: