22.2.13

Been Playing

Morning crafty friends and Followers, I've been up early with the Grandchildren, so I thought I would have a play and Sophie (3) has been helping me. I thought I would make some flowers using Candy Dots, it's not hard, the only thing is it is a bit fiddly.










To make these flowers you will need 1 to 11/2 inch circles, (I used a punch to do mine), candy dots, tweezers and PVA glue.  Start by covering the circle with PVA glue, it's best if you do a few all together. Start by putting 2 candy dots in the middle, you need to bend the candy dots round the end of the tweezers, as shown


Now you start from the outside edge, pick the candy dot up with the tweezers, with the tweezers tip in the middle of the candy dot twist the candy dot around the tweezers as shown


Do the twisting with all the candy dots you are using for the flower.
Lie the candy dots around the outside edge of the circle, once you have done the outside edge start going around again moving closer and closer to the middle of the flower.



This is the finished flower.

I hope you like my flowers and have a try and let me know how you did

18 comments:

JayBe said...

Wow! These are stunning, Paula - can't believe how good they look :)
Great tutorial. Hugz, Jan xx

Laine said...

These are fabulous Paula. I am going to pin your tutorial on my Pintrest board.
xx

mamof9 said...

Thank you Laine x

Sylvia said...

What fantastic flowers, will give it a go they are so gorgeous.

Sylvia xx

Kristie Maynard said...

How pretty these are! Thanks for the tutorial, I'll have to pin this and try them when I get the chance. Just love them!

Linda Simpson said...

Evening Paula, these flowers are stunning! Loving the great colours and fabulous tutorial too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Wow these are beautiful. I don't have the patience or finesse to make things like this.
You really have got the knack.....just FAB

Claire x
(DT- Crafty Bloggers DT member)

Chris said...

Wow they are gorgeous thank you for the tutorial,must have a go at these. Chris xx

lindyloo said...

wow ,,,,,stunning x

Kate M said...

Paula these are stunning. I will have a go and post the results when I have done them. Don't think that mine will be this good though. Your tutorial is very thorough- Thanks for sharing!
xx

XX

Deborah Frings said...

What a fabulous idea - they look just lovely!

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Wow wow wow these are amazing! I have so many card candi and some in designs I never use...well this is a way of using them up in a way that I will use them on cards.
Thank you so much for the tutorial and the idea!

Hugs Lisa xxxxx

Meredith said...

These are fantastic Paula!!
xxx

jane stillman said...

Absolutely fabulous, thank you for the tutorial

Anonymous said...

Hello, these flowers are fabulous. Thank you for a great tutorial. Lisa :)

Unknown said...

super idea they look wonderful Paula. thanks for sharing Txx

hazelz said...

wow!!! stunning I'm going to have a play at this tomorrow . thanks for sharing xx

Unknown said...

Great tutorial and awesome flowers!